4.02.2012

TeenPact.



I've realized that I tend to start out all of my blog posts the same way. I say that it's been a while since my last post and I explain why. My conclusion is that I don't post for a number of reasons:

a) Nothing post-worthy has happened to me since the last post
b) Something really exciting has happened to me since the last post and I've been to busy to write about it.
c) Something extremely exciting has happened to me since the last post and I have too many happy thoughts in my mind to try to write them all down or to do them justice.

When I don't post for a while, I feel compelled to write a monstrous post about everything that has happened since, and I feel like only really bored, lonely, single people would have the time/care enough to read the whole thing. I decided to write a couple posts this time instead of a never ending one. Nevertheless, here goes another glimpse of my mind.

If you know me, you know about my involvement with TeenPact Leadership Schools. If you don't know what that is, then why are you reading this? Are you sure you even know who I am? 
You'll have to go figure out what it is on your own. It's not just something you can explain with a mere couple of sentences.
Also, if you know me at all, you will know that I was devastated in November, when I found out some reasons that I wasn't chosen to staff the class. I still haven't figured out how some of those things were issues. Needless to say, it definitely made its mark on me. 
 March made it's way here which brings lots of excitement for me, being its the month of TeenPact. It's safe to say that TP is my favorite thing in the world. Besides Jesus. But He's in heaven, so He doesn't count as a thing in the world, right?
Well, the class this year was marvelous. We had such a fun staff team. They kept me laughing all week. I was elected governor and gave a speech about chasing after God instead of running from Him, when we feel like we've failed Him. After our graduation, I stayed a while longer talking to everyone (as I do in every other situation in my life as well). I was about to leave when Tifft and Hannah asked if they could talk to me. They then told me how much they appreciated how I stepped up and got everyone involved and all that jazz. And then it happened. They asked me to help staff the one day class. 
Pause. Let's take a trip inside of my brain at this moment it time. I wanted to laugh. I wanted to bawl tears of sheer joy. I was in shock, because I had thought God hadn't wanted me to staff. The result? I ended up with a big retarded smile on my face and trying not to proclaim my joy to the rest of the world Dover, Delaware.
So on Friday, March 23rd, I staffed my first TeenPact class. 
:) x5978723
I was blown away by the way the young kids stepped up! They prayed for things that I wouldn't have even thought of. They had such an excitement on the scavenger hunt. And they really shocked me when they asked questions and made amendments during TP leg. (Short for TeenPact Legislature)
I'm still at a loss for words when I try to thank God for what He did that week. 

1 comment: