8.24.2014

The end is near.

I know it's been forever (as usual) since I've blogged. Since the worst half (the first half) has ended, not a lot happens on a frequent basis. But I've accumulated a couple things that have happened within the past month or two that I haven't publicly talked about. So here are some updates!

• John has decided what he is doing after he graduates. He will definitely not be interning or staffing at Teen Challenge. He wants to start working and saving up for our future. He has a few different job opportunities but nothing is definite yet. Also he has to take a couple classes through the state to get his license back so pray that everything regarding that will go smoothly. As far as his living situation, he will be moving into the apartment above our garage beside our house. For those of you who may be inclined to think that's an awful idea, we have prayed about it and we are putting lots of rules and boundaries in place. 

• I mentioned in our last post that we got the go ahead to start counseling but that's as far as it went. John asked a few times but nothing was done about that but for certain reasons we are glad that it didn't happen. 

• Last month John came home for his 10 month pass. I just LOVED spending time with him. He's the cutest. And even though he has no money or means to do much of anything, he still came home with some exciting surprises in store for me. We were able to talk about some important things that we hadn't got to talk about and it's awesome to see more pieces falling in place. 

• I found out last week that starting in September, I'm allowed to visit John on Sundays, which is visiting day. The only thing is I have to have my Uncle Mark with me. The will be out of town the first visit week so please pray that someone else can come or there can be another way. If I can't, then that only leave two weeks to visit but either way we can FINALLY see each other so it's exciting. 

• Although August 16th was the official 11 month mark, he graduates on September 26th so this Tuesday marks one more month! It's getting so close I can't even comprehend it!

That's all that's new for now. Stay posted for more on his graduation! We're only 33 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment