6.01.2012

TPNC12 // The new friends.

I have a few new friends in my life. Some of them are even my best friends. 
And I just met them last week.

Since I find these dear friends to be so fabulous, I want to tell you all about them.

Let's start with Emmy.


I first met Emmy in September at Back to DC. We talked a grand total of 5 times tops. Looking back now, I don't know how I didn't spend every waking moment with this girl.
In the couple of months leading up to NC, we would text each other every once in a while about our excitement. But we were never really close friends. 
When we were finally reunited, we clicked. In the first 24 hours of us being around each other, we said the same thing at the same time at least 7 times. It was like I found my other half. It's amazing how we had had so many chances in the past to become great friends, but never even talked. 
We quickly found out that we are so similar, it's scary. 
Through the course of this past week, Emmy, or Mae Ling as I like to call her, has become my best friend. I feel like I've known her since birth. She makes me giggle in a way no one else can. I can tell her anything and I know that she won't think differently of me and she'll be honest with me. Emmy, I love you so much. Thank God for Skype.


Next up, Callie.


I met Callie the beginning of the week. I had heard of her before and that she loved One Direction, so I figured that we'd at least have a conversation or two about it. Our first real conversation was when we were both waiting for our staff interviews. From that moment on, we just hit it off. Just like Emmy and me, we both have a lot in common. We are both fangirls. We love Bieber and One Direction. And we love Target's clothes. Calz is one of the funniest girls I've ever met. She'll be straight up with you and tell it like it is. She is super stylish. She is gorgeousssss. Also, her handwriting is so pretty it makes mine look like a 9 year old's. I don't know where this girl has been my whole life. But I'm glad that we know each other now. Cause she makes life more enjoyable. Love you Cal! (You'll appreciate what I just did there.)


This is Lydia:


She's most def totes adorbs. Her and I never talked much before this past week either. I'm so glad we finally did! Lydia is Emmy's sister. So you can imagine how much I love her too. Lydia is a beautiful singer. And an even better writer and artist. Seriously, you should look at this girl's notebooks. Her doodles are extraordinary. Lydia is also one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. We all need someone like her in our lives. :) I'm so blessed to have been able to spend over a week with this beautiful woman. She's so encouraging and she radiates the love of Jesus. Love you Lydia!

Who's next?
How about Toby...


The story with Tobias (Tobias is his real name) is like the rest. I met him for the first time last week. I had heard of him a couple weeks before on facebook, but that's all. I quickly found out that Toby is a people person. Everyone loves Toby. You can't help but love being around him. Right off the bat, you feel like you've known him forever. Also, he can see into your soul. It sounds creepy but it's not, promise. :) He's just really good at giving advice and listening to you. If you need to talk to someone, he's your guy. I think he should go into counseling. After all, he invented the circle of honesty. He's also a good ballroom dancer. He taught me a couple moves and we also attempted the lift from Dirty Dancing. If I was able to plank, it would have worked. But I have no abs. Anyways... Toby is a wimp when it comes to fireballs and spicy chips. But he's such a fun driver, so it makes up for it. Toby's also an awesome man of God. I've learned a lot from him, whether he knows that or not. He's the awesome guy friend that I've always wanted but never had. And he's one of the few people that I let call me Ally. Love you broski!


Eli is up next.


This guy is Elijah. Wearing my glasses. He's super awesome cause he likes One Direction. He's also the one who convinced me it was cool to do the whole "Allison Kelly, Peanut Butter and Jelly" thing. So thanks, bud! I owe you big time. :) I didn't really start talking to him until halfway through out the week. It was during volleyball that we really started to bond. When he was making fun of me for being awful at it and then almost got poison ivy and then almost wiped his bloody elbow on me. Good times... -__- I love hearing Eli talk though because he talks very emphatically and sounds so serious. Like some of the staffers. It makes me chuckle. This guy is gonna go far in life, he's got so much potential. He's a great singer and he can freestyle rap too. I love hanging out with this kid. You just have loads of fun with him. Also, his name has many songs. "These are the days of Elijah", "come back, come back, come back to me Eli", and my personal favorite, "Eli-Eli-O" See you in August, Eli! :)


Last but not least, Ben.


Ben/Benny/Bennihanna. Whatever you call him, he's the coolest kid I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I wish I could be as witty as he is. He always, always makes me crack up. Once, I didn't wanna walk by myself over to the cabin, so he walked with me all the way over from the volleyball court. He also plays the ukulele, which makes him even cooler. I can't wait to see how awesome he is when he's older. Ladies, watch out for this stud muffin! Love you Ben!


Also, to my friends who were already my friends before this year's NC, (Evan, Habel, Giann, etc.) I don't love you any less! <3


1 comment:

  1. And now you guys need to hear about Allison. Allison is beautiful, radiant, and you can't help but love her from the moment you meet her. She is a dedicated fangirl, and a wonderful photographer. The only thing brighter than her personality is her love for Christ. Yeah, she's cool.

    ReplyDelete